How to Install F Secure Protection Service?
The F Secure Protection Service is a Finnish antivirus application that was formerly called Data Fellows. This antivirus application is available for Windows and Mac computers. The steps to download F-Secure for both these operating systems are given below.
How to install F Secure Antivirus on Windows?
You can install the F-Secure Antivirus on your computer by following the guidelines mentioned below. Before you proceed with the easy steps below, make sure your computer software is up-to-date and that you are logged into your Windows computer with Administrator rights.
- Open the browser on your Windows computer and go to the F-Secure website.
- Navigate to the Download Products page and locate F-Secure Antivirus.
- Click the Download button beside the F Secure Protection Service application and choose Save or Open to proceed to the next step.
- If you click Save, go to the download location and double-click the F-Secure Antivirus installer.
- The Antivirus installation window pops up on your screen. Click the Accept and Continue button to proceed.
- Provide your F-Secure Antivirus subscription key in the field and then click the Next button.
- After the installation is complete, launch the F-Secure Antivirus and set your preferences.
Install F-Secure Antivirus Mac
Follow the how to install F Secure Antivirus guidelines given below to install F-Secure Antivirus on your Mac computer.
- Go to the F-Secure official website and go to the Products page.
- Select F-Secure Antivirus from the list of products and choose your operating system to initiate the download.
- Navigate to the F-Secure download location after the download is complete and double-click it.
- The F-Secure Antivirus installer pops up on the screen. Click Next to agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- If the Mac OS prompts you to enter your Administrator credentials at this stage, do so and then click Install Software.
- You will be requested to enter the F Secure Protection Service key. Enter it and then type your Admin credentials if prompted again.
- Launch the F-Secure Antivirus software after closing the installer window and set your preferences.
You can follow the guidelines mentioned below to activate F-Secure on your computer after you have downloaded the F-Secure application to your PC.
- Double-click the F-Secure installer on your computer and click the Accept and Continue button on the installer screen.
- The F-Secure application detects your computer’s default language and sets the same as the antivirus language.
- You can change the F-Secure application language by clicking the Language by choosing the corresponding option on the top-left portion of the menu bar.
- Now the F-Secure application will prompt you to enter the subscription key. You can purchase one by logging in to your F-Secure account on the official site and navigating to the Key section.
- Enter the F-Secure key and then click the Next button to finish the installation and activation.
How to enable Complete Protection In F Secure?
To enable the Complete Protection feature in F Secure Protection Service software, follow the how to install F Secure Antivirus steps given below.
- Install the F Secure antivirus on your system from the official site.
- Set a unique and strong password.
- Update the F secure software periodically.
- Check the encryption status of your data. For that, open the Settings app on your system, navigate to System and select the About option.
- Search for Device Encryption option in the About section.
- The encryption status of your data is displayed on the screen.
- Update your system firewall periodically.
- Click Settings Update & Security Windows Security Firewall & network protection Windows Defender Firewall to check the status of your Firewall.